Moving Beyond Goodbye: A Parish Grief Ministry Kit
Product code :MBGPGMK
Publisher :Twenty-Third Publications and Creative Communications for the Parish
At the death of a loved one, shock, grief, numbness, and many other emotions can make everyday life feel overwhelming. We are dedicated to providing support, hope, inspiration and guidance as you weather the storm of loss.
If you are a Parish Leader or serve in grief ministry, these resources can help you as you help others. We are your partners in ministry: pastoral leaders helping other pastoral leaders. THANK YOU for your dedicated service to the parish or community in which you work. May these resources and your service remind all of us that our loving God is with us, to bring us peace—today and always.
Each kit includes:
- Your Guide to Planning a Catholic Funeral: ten booklets to hand out to families in need
- “Shepherd Guide” card sets to mark five milestones during the first year after a loss
- Psalm 23 prayer cards (50 cards)
- A pastoral care letter from a Parish Leader (also available as a customizable Word document)
- A Parish Grief Resource—Planning Tips and Timelines: planning schedule and conversation starters for 1-month, 3-month and 6-month check-in phone calls through the one-year anniversary of loss
- Suggestions for Moving Through Grief: a resource that can be sent out to families to assist their grieving and growth
- Prayers for Grieving booklet