FAQs About Confirmation — What You Want to Know
Product code :HTP-4211
Author :Christina Bigatel Durback
Publisher :Pflaum Publishing Group
Appealing, easy-to-read with straight answers to Confirmation candidates' most commonly asked questions. Helps sponsors and parents understand their roles as the confirmand's spiritual mentors. Journaling pages assist the candidate's decision-making process and help the group answer such questions as:
"Am I ready to be confirmed?"
"What name and what kind of service projects should I choose?" and
"How will preparing for Confirmation and being confirmed help me?"
Major topics include:
• How it all started: A brief history of Confirmation
• Preparing for Confirmation: The classes, the projects, the retreat, selecting a Confirmation name, and more
• Companions on the Quest: Roles of parents, sponsors, the parish community
• The ceremony – what happens? Why a bishop has to confirm, and what to expect during the liturgy.
• After confirmation – what then? Does Confirmation make much difference in life? Will religion classes be "done"?
6” x 9”