Everything About Parish Ministry...I Wish I Had Known
Product code :951994
Author :Kathy Hendricks
Publisher :Twenty-Third Publications
Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by the responsibilities of your ministry? Do you long to know how to better manage your time? How to plan and consult? How to run effective meetings? How to make collaboration work? In short, how to be an effective, sane pastoral minister? Kathy Hendricks handles these topics and more with a humorous and hands-on approach. Involved in ministry for over thirty years on the parish, diocesan, and national levels, Kathy shares some of the wisdom she has acquired from personal experience, favorite resources, and stories from pastoral ministers across the country. Each chapter focuses on helping you as parish minister to develop fruitful relationships as well as useful ways to manage your work and tend to your own spiritual growth.
1. Leadership Styles: "I Am Who I Am"
2. Time Management: "If I Only Had More Time"
3. Planning: "Where Is Everybody"
4. The Parishoners: "Who Are These People, Anyway?"
5. Collaboration: "Why Can't I Just Do It Myself"
6. Coworkers: "I'd Like an office in the Bell Tower, Please."
7. Volunteers: "I Need Someone...Anyone...??"
8. Communication: "Is That What I Meant to Say?"
9. Conflict: "Why Can't We Just All Get Along?"
10. Care of the Minister's Soul: How to Get a Life