Everyday Catholicism: Seeing God's Actions in Our Lives
Product code :ECSG
Author :Leann Thieman
Publisher :Creative Communications
These compelling stories present convincing evidence of God’s active presence in our everyday lives. Whether you’re a cradle Catholic or a convert, solid in the Faith or wavering, these stories will deepen your conviction and stimulate your hope and trust in God. This extensive selection of faith-strengthening stories includes those of...
- Joan, who recited Hail Marys on her Buddhist, 108-bead strand while standing at her dying father’s bedside and is transformed when she receives a glimmering rosary from beyond the grave. (“The White Rosary”)
- Jennifer, who, while walking in a strange place and having no idea (yet!) that she needed protection, is suddenly accompanied by a large, friendly, vigilant dog. (“Four-Legged Angel”)
- Sharon, who, distraught over having misplaced a precious jewelry box, rejoices at the effect that finding the box has on her teenage son’s faith. (“Lost and Found”)
- Blair, an exhausted, overworked hospital resident who orders the wrong test on a patient—a Catholic priest—and whose encounter with him afterward is both startling and everlasting. (“The Accident”)
- Donna, a patient who had derived valuable assistance and deep comfort from regular phone consultations with a nurse and who calls one last time to say thank you and is amazed by what she learns. (“Angel on the Line”)
- Angela, whose East Texas Sunday school class decided to pray for snow and whose students at the boys’ prison where she volunteers discover the remarkable power of prayer. (“Please, God, Make It Snow”)
Your faith will be bolstered and your heart leavened by these poignant, true-life accounts of God’s grace in action and how it invigorates and transforms people’s lives.
LeAnn Thieman is a nationally acclaimed professional speaker, author, and nurse who was "accidentally" caught up in the Vietnam Orphan Airlift in 1975. Her book, This Must Be My Brother, details her daring adventure of helping to rescue 300 babies as Saigon was falling to the communists. An ordinary person, she struggled through extraordinary circumstances and found the courage to succeed.
After her Operation Babylift story was featured in Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul, LeAnn became one of Chicken Soup's most prolific writers. Her devotion to nursing for more than 30 years made her the ideal co-author of the New York Times best-seller, Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul and Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul: Second Dose, then the third edition, Inspiration for Nurses. She has coauthored 11 additional Chicken Soup titles for Christian Women, Caregivers, Father and Daughter, Grandmas, Mother and Son, Christian, Adopted, Catholic Faith, Miracles, and Answered Prayers.